Cycling in Cyprus

Where to ride and who to ride with

Moderators: Bryan Hedges, admin1

Cycling in Cyprus

Postby graememac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Has anybody on here got any experience of cycling in Cyprus? I'm off to Paphos for a week in may and thought I would hire a bike and get out and see some scenery, any advice welcome.
I know that at least one person has been there as the only bike hire website I could find has a picture of someone in full Stourbridge kit on it!
http://www.mountainbikecyprus.com/Mount ... Tours.html
Last edited by graememac on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
graememac

Re: Cycling in Cyrprus

Postby brian-h » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Really that would probably be me or Bryan hedges. We hired boardman road bikes which were delivered to our hotel in paphos . The roads are Tarmac along the coast and can be fast although undulating . There is good climbing into the troodos mountains . I cannot remember the name of the company that supplied the bikes but maybe bryan hedges can although I do remember their names as Kirsty and her husband Alan. They do both mountain bikes and road bikes . I woul recommend them to you , nothing to much trouble , go for it .Hope this helps.
brian-h

Postby graememac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks for the info Brian. It is the company with Boardman bikes that I've been looking at, I think I'll give it a go!
graememac

Postby Kieron McMahon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:34 pm

I expect to see photographs of you competing in the Sunday Race League against the locals. Bit hot in May. By the way, where on the map is Cyrprus - never hear of the place :wink:
Kieron McMahon

Postby graememac » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Kieron McMahon wrote:I expect to see photographs of you competing in the Sunday Race League against the locals. Bit hot in May. By the way, where on the map is Cyrprus - never hear of the place :wink:

Kieron,

I'm only there Monday to Saturday so won't be competing unfortunately. As for the location of Cyrprus, it's near Turykey obviously :lol:
graememac

Postby Bryan Hedges » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi Graeme, only just seen your post. The company is Mountain Bike Cyprus, based in Kouklia, about 6 miles from Pafos, and as Brian H, said, run by Al and Kirsty Yates. I would strongly recommend them, they were extremely friendly and helpful, delivered bikes to the hotel. We went on rides with them and the locals a couple of times. On one occasion we all got caught in a rainstorm, which was so severe they organised for their transport to pick us up, return us to the hotel, insisted on keeping the bikes for them to be cleaned, and delivered them back to us the next morning. What service. Also, they drive on the left in Cyprus., and the fast coastal road eastwards is safe, with nice views.
Bryan Hedges
Global Moderator

Return to Holidays and Rides