In order to ride with Stourbridge CC, we ask that people come prepared:
- Know how far you are likely to be riding.
- Ensure you are capable of completing the distance and terrain.
- Your bike must be in good working order. Mechanical failures affect the whole group as they will be delayed with you in the event of a failure.
- You must dress appropriately for the weather.
You are welcome to join our rides but after 3 outings with us you will be required to join the club. Details on the “Join Us!” page.
Before a ride check the following:
- Brakes are sound, the blocks have plenty of rubber on them and pulling on the lever causes the blocks to hold the rim.
- Wheels are sound, no loose spokes.
- Rims are not worn.
- Bars and saddle are tight. It should not be possible to move them in any direction.
- Gears work reliably.
- Cables are not frayed.
- Tyres are in good condition.
You should bring with you:
- Tyre levers
- At least one spare inner tube
- chain link extractor
- spoke key
- bonk food (e.g. banana)
- A hard shell helmet is recommended
- a drink
Most of these items can be fitted in a tool roll/ sawn-off bottle or will fit into pockets of a cycling jersey