Why join Stourbridge Cycling Club?
Stourbridge Cycling Club will welcome anybody who wishes to follow cycling as a sport or pastime, whether competitively or simply for pleasure. Whether you are young, middle aged or retired, there should be a ride to suit you, we hold rides on most days of the week and a selection at weekends.
Cycling can be a tough sport or pastime but you can choose which level to ride at, from the off-road Saturday ride, Sunday touring ride to hard, aggressive, gruelling days out with the fitter groups.
You can try us out with three rides before we ask you to join.
There is a choice of how to join Stourbridge Cycling Club:
Either – follow this link to join via British Cycling (preferred). Note that although BC membership is recommended, it’s not a condition of SCC membership so any prompts on the BC website for this can be ignored. This can also be used for existing members renewals.
Or, follow this link to download a membership form and email it to our membership secretary. For more information, e-mail the Membership Secretary.
Joining Stourbridge Cycling Club isn’t a competition. If you want to test yourself, join us and start with a few beginners’ rides. Otherwise, don’t worry about what level you are at, enthusiasm is the most important thing. Many members don’t race, they want to do the club runs, meet other like-minded people and just talk cycling.
No. Enthusiasm for cycling is the most important thing. Some members do have flashy bikes but the truth is they don’t help you ride that much faster when you’re a beginner. For the club runs, a suitable bike should be used. We recommend you ride with a helmet and bring a spare inner tube in case of a puncture. Please see, Preparation for a Ride“
No. We have members from all over the Black Country, and farther afield
There are also a selection of rides midweek.
Or – follow this link to download a membership form and post it with your fee to our membership secretary. For more information, e-mail the Membership Secretary.
Memberships run for one year from January 1st, you can join at any time during the year, joiners between 1st October and 31st December get membership until the end of the following year. Joiners between June 30th and September 30th get 1/2 price membership.
Stourbridge CC membership benefits, you can:
- Join in any of our cycling activities.
- Purchase and wear club clothing.
- Compete in races under our name. (note: British Cycling events, road races, cyclo-cross, track events and some mountain bike events require BC membership and licence in addition).
- Your first year’s membership to British Cycling free (worth £27 – T&Cs available on British Cycling Website)
- Access to the Club’s Tool Library
- Gain from companionship, people to ride with.
- Have an influence in the way the club is managed.
Please be aware that Stourbridge Cycling Club membership does not include any kind of insurance, 3rd party or otherwise. We always recommend our members should join either Cycling UK or British Cycling (Silver or Gold membership), to gain their insurance and legal aid. As we are an affiliated Cycling UK club you can get insurance at a reduced rate with Cycling UK but that does not include legal aid, only full Cycling UK membership provides that.
- Family – Couple and Under 16′s: £30.00
- Youth – Under 16 on 1st Jan: £4.00
- Junior – Under 18 on 1st Jan: £12.00
- Adult – 18 or over on 1st Jan: £18.00
You can also come along to our weekly club meetings, held at 8pm on a Monday night at The Roy Archer Room, Oakfield Community Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote and join that way!
Our achievements in 2022:
- Approximately 5 new members per month – these are people new to either cycling or club life.
- A diverse range of rides, suited for many different abilities.
- 6 qualified coaches
- At least 2 club rides per weekend day.
- Social events.
- A very successful season of racing in all disciplines.
- Many organised rides: off-road rides internally organised, Audaxes, Sportives, charity rides, all advertised on Facebook.
- Huge club turnouts at numerous events.
- Summer coaching sessions
- A successful cyclo-cross event.
- A successful road race
- Winter and summer evening training rides