Why join Stourbridge Cycling Club?
Stourbridge Cycling Club will welcome anybody who wishes to follow cycling as a sport or pastime, whether competitively or simply for pleasure. Whether you are young, middle aged or retired, there should be a ride to suit you, we hold rides on most days of the week and a selection at weekends.
Cycling can be a tough sport or pastime but you can choose which level to ride at, from the off-road Saturday ride, Sunday touring ride to hard, aggressive, gruelling days out with the fitter groups.
You can try us out with three rides before we ask you to join.
Memberships run for one year from January 1st, you can join at any time during the year, joiners between 1st October and 31st December get membership until the end of the following year. Joiners between June 30th and September 30th get 1/2 price membership.
Stourbridge CC membership benefits, you can:
- Join in any of our cycling activities.
- Purchase and wear club clothing.
- Compete in races under our name. (note: BC events, road races, cyclo-cross, track events and some mountain bike events require BC membership and licence in addition).
- Gain from companionship, people to ride with.
- Have an influence in the way the club is managed.
Please be aware that Stourbridge Cycling Club membership does not include any kind of insurance, 3rd party or otherwise. We always recommend our members should join either Cycling UK or British Cycling (Silver or Gold membership), to gain their insurance and legal aid. As we are an affiliated Cycling UK club you can get insurance at a reduced rate with Cycling UK but that does not include legal aid, only full Cycling UK membership provides that.
- Family – Couple and Under 16′s £30.00
- Youth – Under 16 on 1st Jan, £4.00
- Junior – Under 18 on 1st Jan, £12.00
- Adult – 18 or over on 1st Jan, £18.00
You can also come along to our weekly club meetings, held at 8pm on a Monday night at The Roy Archer Room, Oakfield Community Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote and join that way!
Our achievements in 2016:
- Approximately 7 new members per month – these are people new to either cycling or club life.
- A new record membership of 252.
- A diverse range of rides, suited for many different abilities.
- 5 qualified coaches
- At least 2 club rides per weekend day.
- Social events.
- A very successful season of racing in all disciplines.
- Many organised rides: off-road rides internally organised, Audaxes, Sportives, charity rides, all advertised on Facebook.
- Huge club turnouts at numerous events.
- Off-road rides on summer Wednesday evenings.
- A winter programme of cyclo-cross training
- Winter and summer evening training rides