The event on 24th July will be the 11-mile circuit based on Six Ashes.
2018: proposed dates as follows:
24th April, 8th May, 5th June, 3rd July, 24th July
£3 entry fee
The first 25 rides will be for SCC members, thereafter any other riders turning up. Note: the first event in April we will restrict numbers to the first 35 because of failing light.
Under 18’s: please bring parental consent – document here. No consent, no ride.
We meet on what was the car park for the Royal Oak.
The normal cycle racing rules apply: obey the rules of the road, no swearing, bikes in good order etc.
- The route starts at the gate just before Blakelands restaurant, heading towards Halfpenny Green,
- Continue past the Halfpenny Green Vineyards then take a sharp left onto the B4176,
- Take the second left then immediately left again at the Fabric Barn.
- Continue along this lane to the end where left again to repeat the lap.
- The finish is approximately 100 metres before the end of the lane approaching Halfpenny Green.
The Long Route (Map)
- Start Six Ashes Road about 50 metres past the Halfpenny Green junction heading towards Bobbington
- Keep on through Bobbington up the Six Ashes climb.
- Turn left onto the A458 and continue through Enville until you reach the sharp left turn onto Chester Road
- Second left into Highgate Lane
- Keep on straight to finish about 200 metres before the Halfpenny Green junction.
SCC league positions will be the best 4 of 5 events.