New CTT rule for 2020: 14(i) No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the rear of their machine a working rear red light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
This rule will be enforced, no light, no ride.
These are based on the K21/5 course starting near to “Blakelands” restaurant at Halfpenny Green/ Bobbington.
The event on 21st July will be the 11-mile circuit based on Six Ashes.
2021: dates are as follows:
- 27th April (1845 start)
- 11th May
- 8th June
- 29th June
- 20th July
Sign on from 6:30. Start 7pm
£5 entry fee. (raised due to CTT levies being increased.)
The first 25 rides will be for SCC members, thereafter any other riders turning up. Note: the first event in April we will restrict numbers to the first 36 because of failing light.
Under 18’s: please bring parental consent – document here. No consent, no ride.
Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport have kindly given us permission to use their car park. (pending 2021)
The normal cycle racing rules apply: obey the rules of the road, no swearing, bikes in good order etc.
For 2021: We are hoping to have both routes available and are prone to change at short notice in the event of roadworks.
- The route starts at the gate just before Blakelands restaurant, heading towards Halfpenny Green
- Continue past the Halfpenny Green Vineyards then take a sharp left onto the B4176
- Take the second left then immediately left again at the Fabric Barn
- Continue along this lane to the end where left again to repeat the lap.
- The finish is approximately 100 metres before the end of the lane approaching Halfpenny Green.
The Long Route (the last event)
- Start Six Ashes Road about 50 metres past the Halfpenny Green junction heading towards Bobbington
- Keep on through Bobbington up the Six Ashes climb.Turn left onto the A458 and continue through Enville until you reach the sharp left turn onto Chester Road
- Second left into Highgate Lane
- Keep on straight to finish about 200 metres before the Halfpenny Green junction.
SCC league positions will be the best 4 of 5 events.
Previous results can be seen on the results page.