New CTT rule for 2022: 14(i& j) No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the rear of their machine a working rear red light and a working front white light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
This rule will be enforced, no light, no ride.
New CTT rule (15) for 2022: All riders must wear a helmet.
These are based on the K21/5 course starting near to “Blakelands” restaurant at Halfpenny Green/ Bobbington.
The event on 19th July will be the 11-mile circuit based on Six Ashes.
2022: dates are as follows:
- 26th April
- 17th May
- 7th June
- 28th June
- 19th July
Sign on from 6:30. First rider off at 7pm
£5 entry fee.
Signing on during 2022 will be at Halfpenny Green Airport car park from 6.20pm. Proceed through the airport gates, car park is on the right.
Under 18’s: please bring parental consent – document here. No consent, no ride.
The normal cycle racing rules apply: obey the rules of the road, no swearing, bikes in good order etc.
For 2022: We are hoping to have both routes available and are prone to change at short notice in the event of roadworks.
- The route starts at the gate just before Blakelands restaurant, heading towards Halfpenny Green
- Continue past the Halfpenny Green Vineyards then take a sharp left onto the B4176
- Take the second left then immediately left again at the Fabric Barn
- Continue along this lane to the end where left again to repeat the lap.
- The finish is approximately 100 metres before the end of the lane approaching Halfpenny Green.
The Long Route (the last event)
- Start Six Ashes Road about 50 metres past the Halfpenny Green junction heading towards Bobbington
- Keep on through Bobbington up the Six Ashes climb.Turn left onto the A458 and continue through Enville until you reach the sharp left turn onto Chester Road
- Second left into Highgate Lane
- Keep on straight to finish about 200 metres before the Halfpenny Green junction.
Poits based competition – best 4 rides.
Previous results can be seen on the results page.
Course record is 20:45 achieved (twice) by Ben Healy on 7th May 2019 and 29th June 2021