New CTT rule for 2022: 14(i& j) No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the rear of their machine a working rear red light and a working front white light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
This rule will be enforced, no light, no ride.
New CTT rule (15) for 2022: All riders must wear a helmet.
These are based on the K21/5 course starting near to “Blakelands” restaurant at Halfpenny Green/ Bobbington.
For 2023, there is some interest in 2-up riding so pairs of riders are welcome to ride as well as soloists, particularly for the first event in April after which the success of this will be reviewed. Points will only count for solo riders though.
The event on 18th July will be the 11-mile circuit based on Six Ashes.
2023: dates are as follows:
- 25th April
- 16th May
- 6th June
- 27th June
- 18th July
Sign on from 6:30. First rider off at 7pm
£5 entry fee.
Signing on during 2023 will be at Halfpenny Green Airport car park from 6.20pm. Proceed through the airport gates, car park is on the right.
Under 18’s: please bring parental consent – document here. No consent, no ride.
The normal cycle racing rules apply: obey the rules of the road, no swearing, bikes in good order etc.
For 2023: We are hoping to have both routes available and are prone to change at short notice in the event of roadworks.
- The route starts at the gate just before Blakelands restaurant, heading towards Halfpenny Green
- Continue past the Halfpenny Green Vineyards then take a sharp left onto the B4176
- Take the second left then immediately left again at the Fabric Barn
- Continue along this lane to the end where left again to repeat the lap.
- The finish is approximately 100 metres before the end of the lane approaching Halfpenny Green.
The Long Route (the last event)
- Start Six Ashes Road about 50 metres past the Halfpenny Green junction heading towards Bobbington
- Keep on through Bobbington up the Six Ashes climb.Turn left onto the A458 and continue through Enville until you reach the sharp left turn onto Chester Road
- Second left into Highgate Lane
- Keep on straight to finish about 200 metres before the Halfpenny Green junction.
Poits based competition – best 4 rides.
Previous results can be seen on the results page.
Course record is 20:45 achieved (twice) by Ben Healy on 7th May 2019 and 29th June 2021