The event on 24th July will be the 11-mile circuit based on Six Ashes.
2018: dates are as follows:
- 24th April,
- 8th May,
- 5th June,
- 3rd July,
- 24th July
£3 entry fee
The first 25 rides will be for SCC members, thereafter any other riders turning up. Note: the first event in April we will restrict numbers to the first 35 because of failing light.
Under 18’s: please bring parental consent – document here. No consent, no ride.
Due to the closure of the Royal Oak, Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport have kindly given us permission to use their car park.
The normal cycle racing rules apply: obey the rules of the road, no swearing, bikes in good order etc.
- The route starts at the gate just before Blakelands restaurant, heading towards Halfpenny Green
- Continue past the Halfpenny Green Vineyards then take a sharp left onto the B4176
- Take the second left then immediately left again at the Fabric Barn
- Continue along this lane to the end where left again to repeat the lap.
- The finish is approximately 100 metres before the end of the lane approaching Halfpenny Green.
The Long Route (Map)
- Start Six Ashes Road about 50 metres past the Halfpenny Green junction heading towards Bobbington
- Keep on through Bobbington up the Six Ashes climb.Turn left onto the A458 and continue through Enville until you reach the sharp left turn onto Chester Road
- Second left into Highgate Lane
- Keep on straight to finish about 200 metres before the Halfpenny Green junction.
SCC league positions will be the best 4 of 5 events.